Coach Sydney is entering her 4th season as head diving coach for the Upper Moreland Gators. She has been competitively diving for 13 years. Previously, she was a gymnast since the age of 3.
Sydney dove for the Upper Moreland High School Diving Team all four (4) years where she qualified for PIAA State Diving Championships every year, culminating in winning the State Champion Gold her Senior Year.
Currently, Sydney attends La Salle University where she dives at the NCAA Division I level. She is the president of La Salle’s Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC).
During Sydney's tenure as diving coach, the Gators have achieved the most dual meet wins in the CSL over that span. Also, each Gator Diver has achieved their personal bests diving scores while reaching their individual goals.
Coach Stephanie is entering her 2nd season as head swim team coach for the Upper Moreland Gators. Previously, she was an assistant coach at Oreland Swim Club.
Throughout her decade long competitive swimming career, Stephanie has swam for local SAL/USA teams such as DCAA and CBST, in addition to competing for her summer swim club, the Upper Moreland Gators! Stephanie swam varsity at Gwynedd Mercy Academy for four (4) years.
Stephanie also has been employed at the swim club since 2013 in numerous roles: life guarding, coaching private and group swim lessons, and serving as the assistant manager.
Stephanie is approaching her senior year at Florida Atlantic University where she still swims, teaches swim lessons, lifeguards, and is studying to be a teacher.
Stephanie began her swim career eleven years ago with the Gators and she still loves the close-knit community that the Upper Moreland Swim Club has to offer!
Coach Alex is new to the the Gators Coaching Staff this season. Previously, he was an assistant coach at Plymouth Country Club.
Alex has 16 years of swimming experience that is still ongoing! He swam varsity at North Penn High School for four (4) years where he qualified for districts in breaststroke. His senior year, Alex qualified for states in breaststroke!
Alex just completed his Junior Year at La Salle University where he is a member of the Explorer's Swim Team. He is looking forward to his senior year as a dual major in Socilogy and Criminal Justice.
UPPER MORELAND SWIM CLUB GATORS SWIMMING & DIVING TEAM MISSION STATEMENT
(Amended May 2018)
The Upper Moreland Swim Club Gators Swimming and Diving Team, under the auspices of the Upper Moreland Swim Club Board of Directors, is a community based organization that is dedicated to promoting Sportsmanship, Athleticism, and responsibility, while blending the competitive spirit with the fun of participating for each of our members. Along with adopting and supporting the constitution of the Colonial Swim League, the Upper Moreland Swim Club philosophy is to provide for swimmers and divers a safe and fun environment, promoting the ongoing development and mastery of cumulative technical skill for each swimmer and diver through practice and competitive opportunities. Our coaches, parents, swimmers and divers will support the constitution of the Colonial Swim League and Upper Moreland Swim Club (UMSC).
1) Each swimmer and diver is viewed as a winner and encouraged to strive for excellence as measured by his or her individual capabilities.
2) Team members are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship at all times and to portray a positive attitude toward themselves and their fellow competitors.
3) The coaching staff will understand our swimmers and divers as individuals and recognize their strengths and weaknesses.
4) Each swimmer and diver is expected to participate at practice (improvement requires practice) and show respect to their coaches, teammates, other competitors, officials and parents.
5) Coaches and parents will serve as positive role models for our children through their good example in the community.
6) The coaching staff and parents will recognize the importance of instilling confidence and a positive winning attitude in a young mind.
7) Our coaches will work with each team member so as to lead him or her as close to his or her potential as possible.